CA Privacy Rights
California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, this section applies to you.
Shine The Light. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you. The California Shine the Light law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83) permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “CA Shine the Light” in the description of your request.
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
Sale or Sharing of Personal Information. In the preceding 12 months, we have “sold” or “shared” (as those terms are defined in the CCPA) the following categories of personal information: identifiers, commercial information, internet or electronic usage data, geolocation data, and inferences. We do not knowingly sell or share the personal information of minors under the age of 16.
Use or Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. In the preceding 12 months, we have not used or disclosed sensitive personal information for purposes to which the right to limit use and disclosure applies under the CCPA.
Your Rights Under the CCPA. Subject to certain exceptions and limitations, the CCPA affords California consumers the following rights:
- You have the right to request that we tell you (i) what personal information we have collected about you, (ii) the sources of that information, (iii) the business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling or sharing the personal information; and (iv) the categories of third-parties to whom we have disclosed personal information.
- You have the right to request that we provide you with a copy of your personal information.
- You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we have collected from you. We may not delete all of your personal information if one of the exceptions to the CCPA applies.
- You have the right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information.
- You have the right to direct us to limit the use or disclosure of your sensitive personal information to only the purposes specified in the CCPA.
- You have the right to opt out of automated decision-making, including profiling.
- You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights. We will not discriminate against you, deny you services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of services if you exercise any of your CCPA rights.
Exercising Your Rights. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us using this form or call us toll free at 1-800-692-5710. For all requests, you must provide us with your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address. We will verify your identity by matching the information we have collected against the information you have provided. Failure to provide the foregoing information may prevent us from processing your request. If you have requested that we correct your personal information, we may contact you to request additional information about the personal information that you believe is inaccurate, including supporting documentation.
In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf, you must send a signed, written authorization to us at email@example.com.
Notice of Financial Incentive. Based on your commercial activity and other factors, we may offer you various financial incentives such as discounts, coupons, and other special offers when you provide us with personal information (such as your name, email address, phone number, postal address, and date of birth) to sign-up for our rewards programs. When you sign-up for our rewards programs, you opt-in to receive financial incentives. You can receive financial incentives (benefits) based on certain purchases and other activities related to your interactions with us. You may withdraw (opt-out) from receiving such financial incentives at any time by deactivating your rewards program account. The financial incentives offered in connection with our rewards program are reasonably related to the value of a member’s data including the commercial activities of such member. We calculate the value of a member’s data based on various factors, including the member’s commercial activities and the expenses related to the offer, provision, or imposition of the financial incentives (benefits) to such member.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, this Site is provided without charge.
- To file a complaint regarding this Site or to receive further information regarding use of this website, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of California’s Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814 or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
Removal of Content. If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please email us at email@example.com and include a detailed description of the specific content or information. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.