Consumer Advisory: Foster Farms Chicken
January 9, 2014
In cooperation with the USDA, Foster Farms has temporarily suspended operations at its Livingston, CA production facility to sanitize the plant. This incident is isolated to the Livingston, CA facility only. In the meantime, product will be distributed from other Foster Farms plants. This may cause a shortage of available product for our stores in the near future.
There is no recall in effect. Product is safe to consume, if properly handled and fully cooked. This means it is critical to:
- Keep the product refrigerated or frozen.
- Thaw poultry in a refrigerator or microwave.
- Keep raw poultry separate from other foods.
- Cook fresh poultry to an internal temperature of 165ºF as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Keep hot foods hot and immediately refrigerate or discard leftovers.
- Wash all working surfaces including cutting boards and utensils.
- Thoroughly wash hands after touching raw poultry.
As always, we are committed to the health and safety of our customers and their families.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Foster Farms Consumer Affairs Department at (800) 255-7227.