Save spaghetti for another night. Spice things up with a new dinner the family will love.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes • Serves: 4
1. Place oven rack about 5 inches from broiler. Preheat broiler to high. Place poblano peppers on rimmed baking pan and broil 4 to 5 minutes or until the skin is completely blackened and blistered, turning occasionally. Place poblano peppers in bowl and cover bowl with plastic wrap; let stand 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in medium saucepot, combine milk, butter,
1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt; heat to boiling over medium to medium-high heat. Gradually whisk in cornmeal until incorporated; reduce heat to low and cook 4 minutes, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Cover to keep warm.
3. Remove skin from poblano peppers; pull off stem and cut lengthwise in half. With paring knife, scrape seeds, then cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3/4 cup).
4. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp turn almost opaque throughout, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic, remaining
1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt, and poblano peppers, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout, stirring occasionally.
5. To serve, spoon shrimp mixture over polenta and sprinkle with hot sauce. Garnish with green onions and cilantro, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 466 Calories, 13g Fat (5g Saturated), 208mg Cholesterol, 541mg Sodium, 46g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 40g Protein