"Please pass the pasta dish," will be all you'll hear during dinner.
Prep: 40 minutes plus standing
Cook: 1 hour • Serves: 12
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook lasagna noodles as label directs.
2. Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked through and almost all liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic, basil and oregano, and cook 1 minute. Gradually add kale and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until wilted, covering between additions and stirring frequently. Transfer to large bowl; fold in chopped turkey. Makes about 10 cups.
3. Meanwhile, in blender, combine tomato purée, water, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Makes 7 cups.
4. In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta, chèvre and egg whites. Makes 2½ cups.
5. To assemble, spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In bottom of prepared dish, spread 1 cup tomato mixture. Top with 3 noodles, 1/3 turkey mixture (about 3-1/3 cups), 1-2/3 cups tomato mixture, 1/3 cheese mixture (about 3/4 cup) and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers 2 more times; top with remaining 3 lasagna noodles and 1 cup tomato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until edges are bubbly and top is browned. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 369 Calories, 10g Fat
(4g Saturated), 53mg Cholesterol, 349mg Sodium, 41g Carbohydrates,
9g Fiber, 32g Protein